Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The beginning of the journey

Greetings readers (if there is any :)

I am on a mission to change my lifestyle and hopefully inspire others along the way. I will be posting what excercises I am doing every day, what I am eating, supplements if any, and professionals such as nutritionists, personal trainers that help along the way. I may join weight watchers or try supplements (Jillian Michaels supplements are intriguing me right now) I plan on posting photos every week, but do not plan on disclosing my weight. I will give a happy :) or sad :( face for how I feel when I step on the scale to give an idea if I am happy with the results of my weight loss. I want to get to a healthy BMI. I have been focusing on my family for the last 4 years and have decided to invest in myself as I don't want to have heart disease or diabetes. I do not like how I look or feel.

So, here's what I have done so far:
1. I belong to the Y and work out there 4 days a week. I attend Pilates, Circuit class, Step Aerobics and sculpt, and use the elliptical machine. I will also be adding Turbo Kick and Boot Camp, and swimming while my 4 year old has swimming lessons.
2. I have have been eating a healthy diet consisting of about 1300 calories a day. I eat a bit more if I worked out really hard.
3. I walk the dog 3-5 x/week for 30-60 minutes.
4. I have an appointment with a personal trainer tomorrowat the Y and nutrionist on Monday.
5. I went to an appointment at a place called Fitness Together in Sudbury MA. The Personal Trainer said I would need to come a minimum on 3x/week for 3 months for a grand total of $3200! They wanted all of the money up front. I also would be there Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday as that was the only time they could 'fit' me in. Ultimately it was not a good fit for obvious reasons.
6. I joined a CSA at Siena Farm in Sudbury MA and will be receiving fresh, organic veggies weekly. I will also be seeking out other local produce, meat, poultry, dairy.
7. I tried the Biggest Loser Wii game, but I do not like it. I have heard that Wii Active is where it is at. I am going to try it at my sister's house.

Results so far:

I feel so much better even though it has only been a couple of weeks. I am ok with the amount of weight loss so far. I think I can do even better as I implemnt more components of my plan. I thing cooking at home is a big part of staying healthy as you know what is going in to your food.

Well, here's to eating healthy and moving more!

No comments:

Post a Comment